Feb 27, 2024

The Key

"My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. 
In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others."

Bret Easton Ellis: American Psycho




Silence


The music is screaming loud today,

To cover the dissonant melody inside my head,

I guess this is what happens when the world is muted,

Your own fractured thoughts gain precedence.




Insanity


My eyes must be playing tricks on me

There was blood on the walls and blood on the floor,

I could taste the iron in my mouth,

But when I willed myself back to reality it was all gone



Loneliness


Alone in a crowd, is one of the loneliest places,

Surrounded by people that stopped living,

Entombed in your own fears, a race against time,

However you look at it, you lose



Death


I am the razor at the throat of the world,

Cold silver pressing against the warm vein, 

There is no greater power and no greater fear,

If I let go, I’ll cut and take the world in Death with me...


No comments:

Post a Comment